Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lesson Number Two, Woman

I kept telling you
He says I cannot do it
He wants me to feel small
Says marriage is not for people
Who walk and talk like me.

Am I the one who comes back late?
Am I the one who spends all the money?
Am I the one who tells all the lies?
Am I the one who is doing it all
Like life only started with me?

He says I cannot doi it
If I leave him
I will never find another
Nobody wants people like me
Who have been around
And done it all

What have I done?
I just scrubbed the floor of the house
I washed our clothes
I sat in the sun outside the house.

He says I must not complain
I cannot do anything
He is not alone in this
His sisters also join him.
What can I do now?
Lesson number two, woman
Answers are in the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment